Yukon performance in snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
They are calling for one hell of a snowstorm here on christmas day and the girlfriend wants me to make sure she can get to work. I have 4wd but probably wont need it having meaty all terrains on the back. Im just curious how well these things do on snow and ice? I assume good with that 6800lbs holding it down on the tires.

Virginiabound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If she's driving to work in the snow, on CHRISTMAS, she should be more concerned on finding a new job.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
What do you have in your truck that weighs 1300+ pounds?

OP
OP
McFizzl

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
thats what my door sticker says it weighs. my cummins is 9800 i believe. its a 1 ton tho and im not worried about christmas day. its the day after snow when she does have to work

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do very well in the snow but nothing does well in ICE

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks are like a tank in the snow, few years back when we got all that snow most the storms were a foot or more and had to get to work cause we plow all the properties they own most the time I left the roads or driveway wasn't done and had zero problems I thought I was stuck in the driveway once but threw it in low and I got out like nothing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
thats what my door sticker says it weighs. my cummins is 9800 i believe. its a 1 ton tho and im not worried about christmas day. its the day after snow when she does have to work

You mean your Dodge? The sticker in the door jam is the gross weight rating not the curb weight. The curb weight is around 5500.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2wd 4 door is 5500 according to the sticker. 4x4 should be a lil bit heavier ...

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gvwr is gross vehicle Wright rating, the Max weight of the truck and all the cargo it can handle.

It should be ok in deep snow but without dedicated snow tires be careful. 4WD does nothing to help you stop.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts