Yukon heat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so driving from ny to fl I have run into an issue with the cabin heat running even when the whole system is off. I found the auto defog setting in the vehicle settings and turned it off but no matter what I do with the settings my floor vent and the top of dash side defrost vents throw scalding hot air even when the entire climate control system is off. I have to run the ac, turn it off when I'm cold and then when I start sweating turn the AC back on. Anyone else had anything like this?

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our '15 Tahoe does this and it's extremely annoying. This is our first winter with it (obviously), and we've found that's it's very difficult to find a maintain a comfortable temperature in the cabin at highway speeds because so much air blows through the vents when the system is off. If we have the temp set at "LO" with the fan speed off, it will still blow very hot air, so very quickly the cabin is stuffy and hot.

Not sure how to address this with the dealer because I'm sure there is nothing you can do about it.

OP
OP
kcb14214

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After two weeks in Florida where the hot air was truly annoying im taking mine in. There is essentially no off. Even if you have it on AC cold and turn it off it immediately blasts hot, like burn your fingertips hot, air. I spent the whole drive back in 12 degree weather running my ac for 10 minutes, then heat for ten etc. Kids and wife bitching about hot, cold, hot, cold. Was ready to stop and trade it in.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes its annoying and i hate it as well but dont think there is a fix unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65