Yukon Died At HWY Speed Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rbannon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, I'm very glad your daughter and yourself are okay.

To be honest, we scratched the Acadia Denali off our list due to transmission issues. (We have a 5 month & 5 year old and it gets to be 120 degrees here in AZ)

I'm very interested in the findings here as this could change our mind on the Yukon Denali as well.

Edit: I hope GM is going to give you a new Yukon XL here. I don't know if I'd trust the same vehicle again.

Last edited:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm very glad your daughter and yourself are okay.

To be honest, we scratched the Acadia Denali off our list due to transmission issues. (We have a 5 month & 5 year old and it gets to be 120 degrees here in AZ)

I'm very interested in the findings here as this could change our mind on the Yukon Denali as well.

Edit: I hope GM is going to give you a new Yukon XL here. I don't know if I'd trust the same vehicle again.

I don't know what the outcome is - but that definitely isn't going to happen. :sorrysign:

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your all safe. That is a very scary situation to be in. Hopefully GM realizes they dodged liability on this one since there was no accident or injuries and replaces your vehicle. I would never feel safe driving my vehicle after it died like that. Hopefully you get a positive outcome out of the situation.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had that same thing happen to me in a Dodge Charger back around 2006-07. Highway one time and city driving another. Definetly gives you a bit of pucker up!

OP
OP
C

Centerfield

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the shop now. They told me today they won't know anything until Monday or Tuesday. Will keep you all posted.

DocHolliday

Reaction score
In the shop now. They told me today they won't know anything until Monday or Tuesday. Will keep you all posted.

Mine has been at the local dealers shop for a few days now as well. It seems local technicians are ill prepared to service these trucks...I'm told they are getting guidance via a tech support line they call. Not all that reassuring to be honest.