Yukon Died At HWY Speed Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Centerfield

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was driving with my daughter today and my 2015 Yukon XL's dash lit up like a christmas tree and the speedometer and rpms went straight to zero. I lost all power to the Yukon. Luckily I was in the right lane near an exit and was able to safely pull over on the access road. After putting it in park, nothing worked: not the SOS/Onstar buttons, ignition, windows, nothing. Called On Star w/my cell and was able to get a tow truck to take it back to the dealer.

We tested the battery and it was fine. Checked the fuses and they were fine. No idea what happened but the Yukon was completely dead.

This was very very frighting to have happen at 75mph (especially with a child in the car). I know there have been recalls this year for ignition switching off but I thought that was in older cars that still used a key.

I will keep the group posted on this issue as I learn more. I've owned a lot of cars/suvs and have NEVER had this happen before...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yikes!

Glad y'all are fine and were able to pull over safely

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a scary situation to be in with kids in the car. Glad nothing happened and thanks for sharing this with us.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad your ok, hope you get everything fixed soon.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that's scary stuff right there. :(

My memory is poor ... did the 07s have as many issues when they got rolled out as the 15s do?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't believe so. If they did the media wasn't going crazy over it like they are now.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad noone was injured
but i just have to say "WTF GM" if they had a rated new car defects faults and problems like they rate nuclear disasters a brand new 2015 yukon that comepletely going dead on the freeway would be churnobyl i mean seriously the only way that situation could get any worse is as you exited the vehicle you noticed flames coming from under the hood so you immediatly go for cover and dial 911 and as the operator comes on the line the vehicle explodes into a giant ball of fire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali