Yukon Denali Hood Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed functional hood vents (louvers, NACA, etc) on a Tahoe, Denali, Esky? My goal is to try to reduce under-hood temperatures. However, I want them to blend in and don't want it to look stupid. I like the louvers that are on the Camaro SS.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing the same but was concerned about water intrusion. The 6.2 holds enough heat to heat a MN garage in the winter :)

OP
OP
sealandsky

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing the same but was concerned about water intrusion. The 6.2 holds enough heat to heat a MN garage in the winter :)
If you look at most of the vehicles on the road with hood vents, they allow water to enter the under-hood area, but just not in areas that could pose a problem. After all, when driving in the rain water gets under the hood through the grill and from under the vehicle anyway. I just saw some vents on a G series Mercedes SUV that looked as through they would work - Now just need to find the part number and a good body shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts