Yukon Denali HID Problems??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the reason why. You shouldn't be using HIDs in the stock housing. You're doing yourself a major disservice, not to mention blinding everyone on the road.

You need to do a proper retrofit. Read up on the stickied thread for more info.
he didn't ask for your opinion on HID's he asked how to fix it, thanks for sharing your thoughts though

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he didn't ask for your opinion on HID's he asked how to fix it, thanks for sharing your thoughts though

It's not my opinion more than it is fact. Installing HIDs will eventually burn the stock housings, melt the wires, or who knows what else.

There's a wrong way to do things and a right way to do things. Doing a proper retrofit will save him in the long run.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not my opinion more than it is fact. Installing HIDs will eventually burn the stock housings, melt the wires, or who knows what else.

There's a wrong way to do things and a right way to do things. Doing a proper retrofit will save him in the long run.
that's nice, but to just come into a thread and rag on someone asking for help to get it to function properly is pretty much just being a douchebag, there was no reason for it, It is common sense if you change to HID or LED or whatever the future may bring that you adjust your lights, anybody with half a brain can see that when the light bulb is changed it changes the light pattern I have ran HID's pretty much since they entered the aftermarket about 15+ years ago, I do not blind people I do not get "flashed" so to just assume anyone who changes from your precious "Halogen bulb" is suddenly a ******* is pointless, Yes some housings will get hot and melt particularly the smaller fog light housings will do this. Wires melt yes which is why it was recommended to use Relays and wire direct to the battery. So now you can go kick your Dog or yell at the wife or whatever else you do that makes you fell better about your miserable life because you got blinded by some headlights.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's nice, but to just come into a thread and rag on someone asking for help to get it to function properly is pretty much just being a douchebag, there was no reason for it, It is common sense if you change to HID or LED or whatever the future may bring that you adjust your lights, anybody with half a brain can see that when the light bulb is changed it changes the light pattern I have ran HID's pretty much since they entered the aftermarket about 15+ years ago, I do not blind people I do not get "flashed" so to just assume anyone who changes from your precious "Halogen bulb" is suddenly a ******* is pointless, Yes some housings will get hot and melt particularly the smaller fog light housings will do this. Wires melt yes which is why it was recommended to use Relays and wire direct to the battery. So now you can go kick your Dog or yell at the wife or whatever else you do that makes you fell better about your miserable life because you got blinded by some headlights.

I don't see the justification getting awfully defensive about the subject, notwithstanding the personal insults. Wholly unnecessary.

OP, do yourself a favor. Don't install the HIDs into the stock housings. It'll turn into a major PITA and let you down at the most inopportune time. Go with the stock lights bulbs in the interim, save up and do some research on a proper retrofit and get it done that way. I've had my retrofit for 2.5 years, problem free. I can dig up the post with pics if you'd like to see them in action.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the justification getting awfully defensive about the subject, notwithstanding the personal insults. Wholly unnecessary.

OP, do yourself a favor. Don't install the HIDs into the stock housings. It'll turn into a major PITA and let you down at the most inopportune time. Go with the stock lights bulbs in the interim, save up and do some research on a proper retrofit and get it done that way. I've had my retrofit for 2.5 years, problem free. I can dig up the post with pics if you'd like to see them in action.
you could have just said something along the lines of once you get your HID's working, "kindly adjust them so they don't blind anyone" instead of being a jerk about it and berating them. If you can't take what you dish out then go home.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, did you ever figure this out? I'm running the morimoto motocontrol harness and i'm experiencing the same issues.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! i can't believe i forgot this!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645