yukon amber turn marker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have had several cars that I could just crack open the headlight assembly and take out the amber lense and make a clear corner for the headlight . is this possible for the stock headlight assembly on the Yukon or do you have to buy new assemblies. the ones I have are in good shape and not fogy or anything so if I could just do this I would. I know the Bonneville I had you could bake the headlight assembly at a liw temperature and it would heat the sealant and you could break it loose and pull the lense out and just get amber bulbs. so just wondering what the options and experiens are out there for these

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the nbs I would just buy clear "euro" lamp housings, but it's hard to find decently made ones, almost all the aftermarket ones have ****** plastic adjusters that strip the second you touch them or the housing mounts crack and break, (gorilla glue works great to fix them) but sometimes if you get the right aftermarket housing you can swap the oem adjusters onto to them and be good to go.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill check it out. I was trying to avoid buying anything cheap like you said . but if its the only option

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can open them and remove the amber, but there are notches and a recessed part now visible.

Imo it doesn't look right. I tried when mine were apart. Might be able to see what I'm talking about in this pic

View media item 23917

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres some on ebay thare are called chrome clear or something that look cleared but they look decent just dunno bout quality I see your point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe