Yet another crank no start...strange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya with spark it's probably not the icm, but.... if the spark is weak, could be it is not carrying enough current or a bad ground
you can test the system with a meter, probe or even with a couple wires and a 12v bulb

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
My no-start, no ecm communication issue was the main harness ground. I forgot to connect it.. heheh.. It goes on the engine btw.. so maybe put some eyes on the battery terminals and grounds.

OP
OP
R

res02p35

Reaction score
I got a fuel pressure gauge form Autozone loaner program.
Once I turn on the key gauge goes to 55, then slowly starts dropping to 44 psi. It stays there.
Is that enough PSI?

OP
OP
R

res02p35

Reaction score
Once I turn on the key gauge goes to 55, then slowly starts dropping to 44 psi. It stays there.
Is that enough PSI?
BTW, I did get another code reader. It says 0 DTC codes

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean up the battery terminals too with a wire brush. Especially the dual layer positive cable. Known culprit for giving only partial power.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that enough PSI?
Technically, not on the original "spider" poppet injectors. I haven't looked in a long time, but IIRC spec was like 58 psi. Although both my old 4.3 and my 5.7 have always started just fine with 55 psi. I installed the updated MPFI on the 5.7 because I had a dead injector when I bought it. The MPFI can work with lower pressure.

The pressure drop is a concern too. You either have an issue with the FPR and or an injector that's leaking fuel. When that happens the fuel floods the engine and can cause issues with crank-no-fire. How long does it take to go from 55 to 44?

I've never tried this, but I've read once a guy opened the throttle body and primed the pump and saw with a flashlight a huge squirt of fuel getting dumped inside the intake! Massive flooded condition in that case.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts