Yet another bluetooth question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

318hoe

Reaction score
As I have stated many times on this forum, I have an '05 Tahoe Z71. I was hoping to find a way to either add bluetooth functionality to the factory HU or possibly add like a USB port. Anyway I could get song names from my phone to display on the original screen? This is prolly a far fetched request haha. I did install an iSimple FM modulator (I think that's what it was called anyway) around a year or so ago to add an aux port, but, seeing how phones these days can't charge and play through aux at the same time, I'm trying to find a new option. TIA for any ideas or info.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I have stated many times on this forum, I have an '05 Tahoe Z71. I was hoping to find a way to either add bluetooth functionality to the factory HU or possibly add like a USB port.

You can add an AUX to the stock head unit. Plenty of threads on here about it

Anyway I could get song names from my phone to display on the original screen?

Nope. Gotta go aftermarket for that

Tahoing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tapped into the Xm module and added an aux port then bought a Bluetooth transmitter thing.

image.jpg image.jpg

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped into the Xm module and added an aux port then bought a Bluetooth transmitter thing.

View attachment 213511 View attachment 213512

You can also get a combo BT FM gadget. You plug it into your lighter/power port. Your phone or DAP can BT to the gadget and the gadget can transmit to your radio. The hardest part is finding an unused spot on your FM dial.

Amazon has tons of them in many different styles. Some of them have basic song data (title, artist) displays. Or you can use the display on your phone or DAP. Most of the FM transmitters accept memory cards too, so you can use only the transmitter if you want. There are dozens of choices.

LMC has a head unit they say looks like stock, that includes BT or USB (or both, I forget).

joe

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we already have mobile data we can share, we actually used an Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Gen) to add Bluetooth to our vehicle.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went on YouTube and found out how.
Yes, thank you. I looked around the forum a bit more and found all I needed. This will be a cheap, easy, and great upgrade. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod