XM radio won’t load on 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
3 times this week we have gotten XM radio loading but nothing on the screen. It has lasted a full day of many starts, or a few hours with 1 start. The last station is on but everything is grayed out or black. Even did the refresh to no help. Dealer told me this was a XM problem. Half hour on phone with XM and they said the signal was going through or you’d have no radio. Am I the only one with this problem?

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with our loaner but as soon as I changed sources (went to FM) and back to XM it loaded right up. Has not done it again this week.

OP
OP
Dave Mathews

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
I tried that among any other thing I could think of. No help for me.

OP
OP
Dave Mathews

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
Call Sirius and have them refresh the signal
I spent almost 30 minutes on the phone with XM. After numerous signal refreshes and restarting Tahoe after shutting it off and opening door to cut power there answer was it has to be a Chevy problem as I’m hearing 60 on 6 that I usually tune to. First time wife left Elvis channel on. After all day with him and many stops I told her if we ever get it working that leave it on the 60’s. The other times have only been a few hours or less.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First time wife left Elvis channel on. After all day with him and many stops I told her if we ever get it working that leave it on the 60’s.

I keep the Elvis station on 99% of the time. I plan on a road trip to Graceland next summer.

Sorry for going off topic.

OP
OP
Dave Mathews

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
Update: Dealer talked with GM and after explaining what was going on they had them put in a new radio. So far, so good. Also had the software update and they found and replaced a rear axle leaky gasket.

Thunder22

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. It's working right now, but the next time it happens I'll take it in for service. When they find a solution for the "check reverse lamp" issue I'll take it in for that and have them check xm/sirius issue too.

Dogged

Reaction score
Lost mine the other day as well. Didn't know this is a potential problem, so thanks for posting this. If it does it again I'll try and get it on video, because I guarantee it will work when I bring it to a dealer.

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New user here w/ 2021 Tahoe. Everything worked fine for the first month or so and now getting some weird issues. One of them is the ‘loading SiriusXM’ message when starting the car about 30% of the time, and it is silent unless I play another source.

I’ve had some success in going into settings, I think apps, running apps (might be under a different menu), finding Siriuxm and killing it. It loads back right away. That makes me think it is a software issue, but who knows. Would be curious to see if that works for any of you.

Also had an issue where cruise control wouldn’t turn on, but seems to be working. Is there any way to reboot the whole infotainment unit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e