XM Radio Rip Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I just received my credit card bill and XM renewed my contract for another year but the kicker is they CHARGED ME $220 I also have The Best Of Sirius. I paid $180 the last time, so I called them and they told me that they now charge $21.97 for what they call "Music Royality Fee they have to pay for all the atrtists or some BS like that. I told them to cancel my subscription because its crazy to pay that much. hen they switched me to the cancelation dept. so he told me what if he gave me a year for $77.00 and I said ok but that is without the Sirius channels which I am fine with. How can they go from $220 and drop it to 77.00? It's crazy!!

Yukon Joe XL

Reaction score
I've done that twice already. Each time I call to cancel and am willing to back it up. They offer me a good deal each time ,so I am still an XM subscriber. A pain in the ass to keep calling but otherwise they will overcharge up the gazoo!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
$220/year for radio is outrageous!!
Im thniking of when I get a DVD HU I will go Sirius, heard its better.

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Lifetime

They Told me they have a lifetime subscription for $499.00 with The Best Of Sirius or $399.00 for just XM. I wonder if it's worth it, I have had XM for awhile and I'm sure I have already paid more than $400.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They Told me they have a lifetime subscription for $499.00 with The Best Of Sirius or $399.00 for just XM. I wonder if it's worth it, I have had XM for awhile and I'm sure I have already paid more than $400.

I believe the fine print states that lifetime is only good for the radio its subscribed to. So not like you can pay the $500 and move it from vehicle to vehicle.

TAHOE FREAK

TAHOE FREAK
Reaction score
I mostly listen to talk radio and my i pod, XM was great at one time, but I sometimes wonder why I keep it.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime they email me about the subscription ending I call. I have done this for the past 4 or so years.....Tell them that you want to cancel, they ask why, tell them their channel selection/service/anything is not worth the money charges. Then they magically will offer you some cheap deal. Works everytime!!!

BTW...this has also worked on my cable company and magazine subscriptions!

They will over charge as much as they can get away with so dont let them!!!

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can transfer the lifetime to other units for $75 up to 3x.. I have it in a sportster or something like that. It's paid for itself already over the last 4 years. IMO it's worth it. I'm glad to hear they have the lifetime for XM, I will probably transfer my lifetime to my truck.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my credit card bill and XM renewed my contract for another year but the kicker is they CHARGED ME $220 I also have The Best Of Sirius. I paid $180 the last time, so I called them and they told me that they now charge $21.97 for what they call "Music Royality Fee they have to pay for all the atrtists or some BS like that. I told them to cancel my subscription because its crazy to pay that much. hen they switched me to the cancelation dept. so he told me what if he gave me a year for $77.00 and I said ok but that is without the Sirius channels which I am fine with. How can they go from $220 and drop it to 77.00? It's crazy!!

Never give them the CC number - just ask for invoice billing...and threat to cancel always results in lower rate. If rep says no, either ask for another rep or hang up and call again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boromircalantir