Worth purchase?... Haynes Repair Manual and/or Factory Service Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought one also, For that price it seems to good to be true but im hopeful! I am a trump supporter and between the knock off tech2 and this dvd im definitley part of the problem in regard to proprietary copyrights. Oh well it is hard to be loyal when the real deal is out of my price range?
Did you choose to download it? If so, how do you like it? I decided to have the seller send a CD instead and just received tracking.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Did you choose to download it? If so, how do you like it? I decided to have the seller send a CD instead and just received tracking.

Im having it sent to me, Not very proficient with data/ tech/downloading/opening/unzipping/opening with/saving as/32/64 yikes! Im old school, id like to recieve it in the mail, Open it up and be able to use it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my service manual CD today and spent a while looking over the PDFs. It is really decent for the price of $17! It appears to be all GM diagrams and service/repair steps. There are torque specs for everything. It's a little tiring looking at the line drawings, but it is what it is. I'll fill in with other resources if I need a video tutorial or actual photos. Again, $17! Pretty great for that.

Last edited:

Bart Hinder

Reaction score
Im having it sent to me, Not very proficient with data/ tech/downloading/opening/unzipping/opening with/saving as/32/64 yikes! Im old school, id like to recieve it in the mail, Open it up and be able to use it!

The Nineties called. They want their CD-ROM drive back.

I've got about 2000 blank CDs and DVDs that I'll never use.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nineties called. They want their CD-ROM drive back.

I've got about 2000 blank CDs and DVDs that I'll never use.
Yep, I know what you mean! I dragged all the files into a folder on my desktop. The CD is now just a backup.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my service manual CD today and spent a while looking over the PDFs. It is really decent for the price of $17! It appears to be all GM diagrams and service/repair steps. There are torque specs for everything. It's a little tiring looking at the line drawings, but it is what it is. I'll fill in with other resources if I need a video tutorial or actual photos. Again, $17! Pretty great for that.

The one i received requires it's own "virtual machine operating system" and i cant get it to work. Ill search around and find the pdf version.

Last edited:

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a better thought i got the tech2 today, wow, lots of cables, connectors, adapters, inedible candi, and a couple of discs. Soooooooooooooooooooo how do you work this thing!lol, i have the instructions/startup from another post but it amazes me the necessary computer skills required to operate test equipment. YIKES! I think im glad i got it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons