WONT START !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Kerner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 Tahoe LT w/28k miles last week and ran perfect until
Last night. I wasn’t home no longer than 30 min and I tried to leave. I pushed the start button and all the lights went out and it kept clicking. The lights in the back were flicking on a off. I tried again this morning and when I got in everything was normal until I pressed the start button and the same thing happened again...I have tried jumping it and that didn’t work I put cables on for like 20 min and nothing!!! I want to lose my mind on someone right now!!! Anyone know why the problem could be? Thanks

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 Tahoe LT w/28k miles last week and ran perfect until
Last night. I wasn’t home no longer than 30 min and I tried to leave. I pushed the start button and all the lights went out and it kept clicking. The lights in the back were flicking on a off. I tried again this morning and when I got in everything was normal until I pressed the start button and the same thing happened again...I have tried jumping it and that didn’t work I put cables on for like 20 min and nothing!!! I want to lose my mind on someone right now!!! Anyone know why the problem could be? Thanks

I barely got 3 years on my original battery. It was starting a little slower then normal but never died on me. The dealer prorated the battery for a new AC Delco. They also changed the battery in my remote.

These vehicles do strange things when you need a new battery. Probably all late model vehicles do.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with all that is posted. Batteries are kind of hard to predict so I wouldn't quite jump to "I want to lose my mind on someone right now..." mode just yet. I once purchased a GM CPO vehicle and drove it home, next morning the starter went out and it wouldn't start. Not something anyone could have predicted with "CPO" inspection and processing a vehicle.

Define "Just bought"? Talking like days? If so ring up the dealer you purchased it from and they may at least send a tow to get it in and check it out.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery/Ground/Postitive Cable. Check those. I just replaced the positive cable after having 4x4/Stabilitrack issues. I would turn on the blinkers and the windshield wipers would move along with the radio flickering. Positive cable did the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf