wiring in a new headunit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
At possibly the amp itself as it sounds like the amplifiers capacitors or IC's are giving out. If you are just going to have front and rears doors only you are just better off wiring the rear door to the head unit. Or you can try sourcing a replacement amp from a junkyard perhaps. The dealer wants $190 for those things. New from dealers is not the best route in this case as many aftermarket options are out there.

Well, I'll just deal with having only front doors until I can save up and get a real amp. No point in dropping 200$ for one that's not versatile or powerful anyways. Looks like I'll be taking to get someone else to install the rest of it. I was hoping to avoid installing an aftermarket amp but I want all six speakers to work, plus I wouldn't begin to understand how to change the wiring around for the doors. And this will be my chance/excuse to add a sub I guess!

OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
So I never updated this but I figured I'd get on here and just let yall know. Bluetooth only played through the front speakers. When it's on FM radio or playing through USB it plays through all the speakers.
So I just threw a flash drive on there and its fine now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
Interesting. I'll dig a little deeper. I kinda prefer usb for music anyways though. Don't have to deal with leaving my Bluetooth on on my cellphone all the time so it'll pair automatically

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts