Wireing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chev7272

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the group and this SUV rides . Have a 2001 gmc yukon xl 1500 4x4 slt has a 5.3 . The previous owner had a sound system installed in it so yeah the wiring is a little issue but still has questions 1 is does anyone know where this green wire goes ? It's grounded at the ebrake and 2 anyone know what the connection is for ? Was taped to the wiring lume under the dash ? Also have a obd pin that has no power but the cigarette light works . Any help with these would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Attachments

• 20230915_180410.jpg
    20230915_180410.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 5

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

I assume that you have checked all of your fuses to ensure that none are blown. If not, do that now.

You can access wiring diagrams, if you have a subscription to AllData DIY.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green wire from the radio is a parking brake “bypass” wire. Most aftermarket radios that can play dvds or videos are supposed to be wired to make you put the parking brake on to access video features. Most folks just ground that green wire from the radio to make the radio think the brake is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700