winter shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jshlafer

Reaction score
I have 22' Black KMC slides (I know, I know) and was wondering what people do in the winter? I live in the North East where we have a lot of snow salt n crap on the roads. Will this mess up the rims or should they be ok? I have the original wheels I could swap out for the season, but really dont' want to. Thoughts???

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've taken my wheels off in November, usually after Tanxgiving. I work in a hilly area so I want all my 4x4 capabilities. Also, it gives me a chance to clean the inside part of the wheels COMPLETELY. I had performance tires on my wheels in the past but this year I went with an all season 22. I might leave 'em on till the first snow just to see what the ride is like. Switching also extends tire life. I have a heated bay at work so I can change my wheels anytime...

OP
OP
J

Jshlafer

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the salt n snow will damage the finish or the rim
. I have Cooper LTZ rubber so there will be plenty of bite.

Dh350twin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i am looking for a stock set of hd rims and tires for my winter shoes.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if the salt n snow will damage the finish or the rim
. I have Cooper LTZ rubber so there will be plenty of bite.

Yeah, the salt will damage the finish. How bad and how soon is gonna be determined by how much you drive in it, quality of your wheels, and how often you clean it off.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i use cragar with Blizzaks dmv1. Unstoppable and never had to really use 4wd much at all.

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are those going to clear now that you have the drop on the tahoe?

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yes when i 1st dropped it i sold the 20s so i was originally using them. No problems and actually the ride is Much more cushiony

OP
OP
J

Jshlafer

Reaction score
So I guess I should take the black slides off and put on the stock for winter. UUgh. I was hoping not to...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
personally i would. Salt and the hidden chunks of asphalt due to plowing not to mention potholes. Thats why im switching over before Thanksgiving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts