Windshield trim vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've done the searching and reading, and come to the conclusion that I have the highway speed windshield trim vibration noise. It's on the passenger side and the torx screws are tight.
In my reading people say that double sided tape between the trim and glass seems to help. So only question I have is, do i use the thicker 3m style tape or like thinner Scotch style tape? I'm guessing the thicker, but only want to do this once.
When I'm by myself i dont notice it, as the radio is up loud. But, we will be taking it on a 900 mile round trip soon and I know the radio will be out of the question.
Thanks for any info.

Reaction score
I had this problem with my 2001 years back when I added a bug deflector to the front edge of the hood. I used the 3m tape.

Reaction score
I just went out and compared the two (nbs vs nnbs) and they're pretty much done the same way along the sides of the windshield. The rubber trim is just pressed on from the side with the door open.

The rubber on the edge of my 2012 can be lifted up a bit by hand. On the 2001 the wind dynamics change when I installed a bug deflector and caused that rubber trim to flap against the windshield and cause a clicking noise. The 3m tape applied under it holds it down and keeps it from clicking.

I don't know if the wind dynamics will cause the same effect on a nnbs when a bug deflector is installed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645