Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the front two windows done today. But out of curiosity and because I don't really want to just believe the people who did it, should it have little circles and such and be slightly hazy until it is completely dry in 48 hours? Just seems odd that it wouldn't start out looking as it should when it was dry. I really have no clue being I have never had windows done before lol. Thanks.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had some take as long as 4 days to subside these items. They are totally normal.

The flaws that you want to watch for are, crinkles they tried to rub out, or scratches. Either of those and I would have them redo it.

OP
OP
byrds6

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Least now I know its normal lol. The only thing I hate about the tint is the rainbow effect when wearing polarized sunglasses. The windows that were done at the factor do not seem to do it but these two do.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will do it more right now during the dry process because there's an added prism effect while the moisture between the tint and glass dries. It will do it still once dry, but it will be much less. Certain angles intensify it as well.

I did 30% on whole windshield and ended up getting into a non polarized sunglass because it annoyed me a bit.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My whole windshield is done and almost every car I pass has a purple windshield. I've got use to it now though

Labman2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will do it more right now during the dry process because there's an added prism effect while the moisture between the tint and glass dries. It will do it still once dry, but it will be much less. Certain angles intensify it as well.

I did 30% on whole windshield and ended up getting into a non polarized sunglass because it annoyed me a bit.

Is it legal to have your windshield tinted? Just curious I have never seen this other than show cars.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it legal to have your windshield tinted? Just curious I have never seen this other than show cars.

Usually not but might depend on where you live. I have had it done on various cars for the whole time I have been driving and have not had an issue :shrug:

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As yates stated typically not. Definitely not legal here in illinois. I've not been bothered and I too have had a couple of cars that I tinted windshields on.

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is illegal in AZ to have any tint below the rear view mirror....unless you have a note from your DR. (serious)

It is also illegal to have your windows tinted beyond 35% on the Driver/passenger doors.

I have NEVER met anybody that has been pulled over for this/or has even had a ticket concerning tint.

I just had my (new to me) car done in 15% all around with a limo visor on the windshield. It looks almost completely black from the outside unless the sun is hitting it from the side. ie: early morning or late evening.

To get back to your post....yes it is completely normal to have little bubbles in the tint for the first couple of days. Some of mine have taken over a week to go away! It drives me nuts, but I know it will eventually go away, or the guy will replace them for free.

FYI, Now that you have tint I would stay away from window cleaners that have ammonia in them. The ammonia can cut the life of your tint drastically. Buy a quality window cleaner, specifically one that states it is "safe for window tint".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz