Window Tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Depends, I know what a roll of film cost, even the best stuff. A lot of the time the price is what they pay the tinter for labor and how much profit they want to make... but I'm sure you know that ;)

Very true. Going rate locally, for example, for set of front doors is $100 to $150 for the pair. I work full-time in the oilfield and tint in the evenings...nothing to bring in $500 to $800 in a couple hours tinting. I do have a computer and cutter (matter of selecting make, model, year...highlight the windows you want cut...and hit enter) then all I have to do is prep and install.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are real cute Nathan...... :) Thanks I will look for it.

I tinted that window myself. :mexsmoke:

It is hard to cut, especially when I don't do it for a while. I would LOVE to have a computer system.

How much are they? ^^^^^^^^^^ ajb1205

ajb1205

Reaction score
The cutter itself...$3500 and up, and any computer will work and then it is about $200 a month to "rent" the pattern program. Not cheap but when I can install a set of front doors in under 15 minutes and charge out $120...not a bad return on investment.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks..... yes, I suppose coughing up the first 3,500 is the hard part....then it works out itself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924