Window Switch Weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, as @swathdiver stated, on the NNBS vehicles, the switch cluster needs to be flashed to the vehicle. This was not necessary on the NBS vehicles, but is on the NNBS. If the dealer said it doesn’t need to be flashed, I think he is mistaken, as I once was.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gentlemen, as @swathdiver stated, on the NNBS vehicles, the switch cluster needs to be flashed to the vehicle. This was not necessary on the NBS vehicles, but is on the NNBS. If the dealer said it doesn’t need to be flashed, I think he is mistaken, as I once was.

Not that it applies here, but some of the later NBS driver door modules (the switch cluster) do appear to need to be flashed. (Maybe not if the replacement is the exact same switch out of a vehicle with the same options.)

F15CDE MXR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys,

I need some help. All of a sudden a few weeks ago my driver window stopped working. Naturally, I thought it was the motor and replaced it, only to be disappointed that it still didn't work. So, I figured out it was the switch cluster in the drivers side door. So I ordered a new one and put it in. Here is where the weirdness comes in....now the drivers window rolls down, but none of the other three work, nor do the locks or anything else. What the heck?

Sooo... I am facing the same with my 2002 GMC Yukon XL. The driver's side is not operative, as in will not go up or down. I replaced the switch with one from AutoZone (DuraLast name). Still did not work. Removed and replaced the driver's side window regulator and motor (AND THAT WAS A BIOTCH!) Still no help. Returned all purchased parts and got my refund, and installed the original parts from the vehicle. NOW from reading this, I HAVE OEM ACDelco parts???

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it applies here, but some of the later NBS driver door modules (the switch cluster) do appear to need to be flashed. (Maybe not if the replacement is the exact same switch out of a vehicle with the same options.)

This is true, about a year ago a guy came on here from Texas and his new switch didn't work, then we surmised that if he could buy a used one with the same options it would not need programming and he did and it worked and he was able to go on vacation without delay.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
This is true, about a year ago a guy came on here from Texas and his new switch didn't work, then we surmised that if he could buy a used one with the same options it would not need programming and he did and it worked and he was able to go on vacation without delay.

Can you program the new switch with the Tech2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700