Window regulator brands that aren’t junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
What do you guys use for window regulator/motors assembly in the gmt800s. Right rear window died yesterday. First one to die on this truck at 201k. Rock auto doesn’t seem to offer GM or AC Delhi for RR. Aisin stuff is usually good. Would it be worth the $90 vs $36 for “whatever name” regulators? Dont mind paying a little more to do it once only, but I don’t know if any one brand is really any better. Don’t really want to do it again, I assume the other 3 aren’t far behind either.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had all four die within a few weeks on my Taurus wagon. Bought generics off the Bay for$20- something each. No idea how long they'll last, but they claim the internal dears aren't the same nylon.

This was the seller: https://www.ebay.com/ulk/usr/spg_31

I haven't looked to see if they have ones for Tahoes.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use for window regulator/motors assembly in the gmt800s. Right rear window died yesterday. First one to die on this truck at 201k. Rock auto doesn’t seem to offer GM or AC Delhi for RR. Aisin stuff is usually good. Would it be worth the $90 vs $36 for “whatever name” regulators? Dont mind paying a little more to do it once only, but I don’t know if any one brand is really any better. Don’t really want to do it again, I assume the other 3 aren’t far behind either.
Good question. Sorry I don’t have experience with this, but sticking around to hear the consensus.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, My 2005 Yukon's Right Rear went 1st too. About 4 years ago. I replaced it with a Dorman and it's still working fine. They at least have lifetime warranties and for the cost I can't complain on something that's easy to replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518