Window Grind While Rolling Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deangrell

Reaction score
I'm at 39k miles on an 07 Tahoe and my drivers front window grinds while rolling down. My brother in laws 07 2500hd does it too, except he has it one 3 of his 4 windows. Is this common? Is there an easy fix? There is no visible scratching on the glass, it just sounds like something needs greased, or maybe something is getting pinched.

Will Bumper-to-Bumper cover this?

atalakoub

Reaction score
I'm at 39k miles on an 07 Tahoe and my drivers front window grinds while rolling down. My brother in laws 07 2500hd does it too, except he has it one 3 of his 4 windows. Is this common? Is there an easy fix? There is no visible scratching on the glass, it just sounds like something needs greased, or maybe something is getting pinched.

Will Bumper-to-Bumper cover this?

I have the same issue and the dealer said they would have to charge me to look at it. Someone with the same issue told me he cleaned the window and that fixed it but I haven't tried it since I haven't been around much this month.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope you have a binding of the mechanism and it won't get better. Taking off a door panel isn't all that difficult and it will allow full access. Just use a spray lithium based lube.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
had this problem. Sounds like its coming from the rear of the window, right next to your head right? Mine didnt make noise on the way up, just down. Ive tried cleaning the window, lube window tracks with silicone. it only seems to work for a day the most. Today i Greased the window tracks with all purpose grease and applied it with a small brush. So far the noise isnt there anymore. Ill report back later.

OP
OP
D

deangrell

Reaction score
BIL took his 2500hd in and they cleaned and spray siliconed his tracks. noise disappeared. trying it out this evening.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had the same issue. The door panel comes off pretty easy and after applying a little grease on the track all is good.

uscgnazzario

Reaction score
Mine is doing this too, I'll try the grease. I did clean the window today and it stopped but I dont think it will last. Thanks

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
still good here. I used to carry around a can of silicone. Spray the tracks when they got noisy. Still no noise after the grease

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine makes a sound but only when the vehicle is really cold. So it could be just the weather.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes

yes bumper 2 bumper covers it, mine went back 3x for 2 window regulators...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz