Wind causes rattle around drivers window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

like2detail

Reaction score
I'm out of ideas. Do 21+ have the same B pillar cover issues as the previous generation? My 19 didn't have any issues but my 21 has developed a rattling noise caused by wind. Anything over 70mph creates a constant rattling sound. It's not a wind noise but a rattle. On the PA turnpike for 2 hours yesterday and really can't pinpoint it. I can't tell if it's coming from the mirror area or the b pillar, it's about the same volume no matter where I listen. I tried watching in my mirror to see if anything is vibrating but didn't see anything. It's been happening now for the past few months. I'll have the dealer look at it as well on my next appt but I'm not sure they will find anything that I can't. I also don't really want them out running up and down the highway at 80 to try to find it. Thanks in advance!

Mannix2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same type of noise coming from the passenger side pillar on a 2008. Drove me crazy for a long time but it turned out to be flapping weatherstripping. I was able to make it stop by inserting a rubber bungee cord strip inside the door weatherstrip basically forcing it against the door frame and filling the space behind it. hope this helps.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No flapping on my 21. Just took a trip this past saturday to vegas from socal and nothing was noticed. It was windy outside as it felt like i would sway here and there.

Agree with Mannix the weatherstripping may be an issue so try and isolate the area of the noise and do as they suggested. Dealer aint gonna do squat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradleyrichlin

Latest posts