Will the escalade rear hatch glass and 3rd brake light fit on my 05 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has swapped out thier stock rear hatch glass for one off of a escalade and will the 3rd brake light plug right up ?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes all the GMT800 Escalade SUV hatches will physically fit on your tailgate. Keep in mind, the 2002-2004 hatches were known for having the hinge area where the lift support meets and attaches to the glass, delaminates and separates from the glass. The 2005 and 2006 hatches were designed slightly different to solve that problem. Try to see if you can get ahold of a 2005/2006 hatch, though they are harder to find.

It’s not exactly “plug and play” per say, at least it wasn’t on my 2006 Yukon Denali. I just had to switch the positive and ground wires in the Escalade side of the light harness. When I plugged the light in, the polarities didn’t match up. When I reversed the plug it lit up. But the clips didn’t match up on the pigtails and stay plugged in. So I switched the wires around, the light lit up and the clips on the pigtails matched up and stayed plugged together.

OP
OP
hawaiiantahoe808
Reaction score
yes all the GMT800 Escalade SUV hatches will physically fit on your tailgate. Keep in mind, the 2002-2004 hatches were known for having the hinge area where the lift support meets and attaches to the glass, delaminates and separates from the glass. The 2005 and 2006 hatches were designed slightly different to solve that problem. Try to see if you can get ahold of a 2005/2006 hatch, though they are harder to find.

It’s not exactly “plug and play” per say, at least it wasn’t on my 2006 Yukon Denali. I just had to switch the positive and ground wires in the Escalade side of the light harness. When I plugged the light in, the polarities didn’t match up. When I reversed the plug it lit up. But the clips didn’t match up on the pigtails and stay plugged in. So I switched the wires around, the light lit up and the clips on the pigtails matched up and stayed plugged together.

Thank u for the info ... i got the rear hatch glass from a friend of mine but he had already sold the 3rd brake light lol ... atleast now i know what i have to do to make the 3rd brake light to work.. i appreciate ur help bud

Dreww806

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

It’s not exactly “plug and play” per say, at least it wasn’t on my 2006 Yukon Denali. I just had to switch the positive and ground wires in the Escalade side of the light harness. When I plugged the light in, the polarities didn’t match up. When I reversed the plug it lit up. But the clips didn’t match up on the pigtails and stay plugged in. So I switched the wires around, the light lit up and the clips on the pigtails matched up and stayed plugged toge-

What do you mean by switched the wires around?

redvette33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about the 07 up Eski Tahoe rear hatch glass? Will that fit the 01-06? I thought I saw a right up about it but I cannot find it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2