Will Rough Country 2” lift work with Magnetic Ride???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@olyelr what kind of lift do you have? Is it just the lower strut spacer? The U shaped deal? Seems like that’s the least intrusive way to go. I would imagine just 1-1.5” isn’t going to throw off the driveshaft like a 3-4” lift would. My plan is to just throw on a lower strut spacer until the official magnetic ride kits come out. What tire size are you running on your 1.5” lift Olyelr?
Yep, lower strut spacer. 305/45/22 tires…had them on a stock height with absolutely no rubbing issues.

Heres a little write up i did…

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/mzs-1-5”-level-kit-on-‘22-tahoe-high-country.131463/

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@olyelr what kind of lift do you have? Is it just the lower strut spacer? The U shaped deal? Seems like that’s the least intrusive way to go. I would imagine just 1-1.5” isn’t going to throw off the driveshaft like a 3-4” lift would. My plan is to just throw on a lower strut spacer until the official magnetic ride kits come out. What tire size are you running on your 1.5” lift Olyelr?
A level or lift will not change the driveshaft angles at all unless there are differential drops supplied with the kit (like a rough country 6”).

A level (without a diff drop) will change the axleshaft angles, however.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A level or lift will not change the driveshaft angles at all unless there are differential drops supplied with the kit (like a rough country 6”).

A level (without a diff drop) will change the axleshaft angles, however.
Thanks for the info. Your truck looks great! I’m glad to hear the strut spacer is working for you and to see the tight clearance to keep an eye on. Thanks for the link

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, lower strut spacer. 305/45/22 tires…had them on a stock height with absolutely no rubbing issues.

Heres a little write up i did…

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/mzs-1-5”-level-kit-on-‘22-tahoe-high-country.131463/
Have you gone back under and looked if there's been any contact between that bolt and the axleshaft boot? I'm curious if they actually ever make contact or if the dealer was just blowing smoke cause the upper kit takes longer to install and they make more money...

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you gone back under and looked if there's been any contact between that bolt and the axleshaft boot? I'm curious if they actually ever make contact or if the dealer was just blowing smoke cause the upper kit takes longer to install and they make more money...
I havnt. I should check it out soon again I suppose. I don’t suspect any rubbing…but also am not 100% sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972