Will OEM tail lamps off an 07-14 Escalade be able to go on a Yukon/Yukon Denali of the same years???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I never was a fan of the GMT900 Yukon’s original tail lamps (or headlamps for that matter) I wanted to do something different and install GMT900 Esky OEM taillamps instead of the GMTK2 style taillamps that everyone is doing to death. I just wanted to know if those style Escalade lights work with the other GMT900 SUV’s. I specifically wanted to go with the clear Euro-spec taillamps (pictured below) to go on my black ‘09 Denali. Any input and photos of anyone that’s done this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 45828854-4570-4926-8EA6-5E861DF2A89C.jpeg
    45828854-4570-4926-8EA6-5E861DF2A89C.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I never was a fan of the GMT900 Yukon’s original tail lamps (or headlamps for that matter) I wanted to do something different and install GMT900 Esky OEM taillamps instead of the GMTK2 style taillamps that everyone is doing to death. I just wanted to know if those style Escalade lights work with the other GMT900 SUV’s. I specifically wanted to go with the clear Euro-spec taillamps (pictured below) to go on my black ‘09 Denali. Any input and photos of anyone that’s done this would be appreciated.
yes and no, they physically fit, but the harness for the escalades is wired different, if you shop around you can get the "escalade style" for yukon/tahoe, etc that are already wired properly
otherwise you have to either get a harness adapter already built or look around online or on the forum for how to re-wire them.

OP
OP
Malii Denali

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes and no, they physically fit, but the harness for the escalades is wired different, if you shop around you can get the "escalade style" for yukon/tahoe, etc that are already wired properly
otherwise you have to either get a harness adapter already built or look around online or on the forum for how to re-wire them.
Of course they would wire them differently lol. I guess aftermarket it is. I’m just worried about ending up with something cheap where the LEDs start dying a year later. Thanks for the info!!!

OP
OP
Malii Denali

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They also have a body line running vertically that match up to the Esky sail panels. The Esky has a distinct vertical edge while the Yukon/Tahoe is rounded
I never noticed that. Out of curiosity, if I was set on using the OEM lamps, are the sails interchangeable?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course they would wire them differently lol. I guess aftermarket it is. I’m just worried about ending up with something cheap where the LEDs start dying a year later. Thanks for the info!!!
some of the aftermarket "brands" are hit n miss some are fairly good quality and others are garbage
these "might" be ok, I know vipmotor has been around for a minute but not 100% sure on there quality standard I have purchased from them before in the past for a variety of things

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts