Wife hates my new 2006 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tires and inflation pressure can also have an effect. What is on it for tires and how much pressure. I am looking for specifics about the plys and load rating as well as brand, style and size.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For my 2 cents worth, if your wife really does not like it, and is not comfortable driving it, sell it. From my own life experiences, I would say that her dislike of the truck won't get any less with time, and her ongoing unhappiness with the truck will create additional unhappiness in other areas for you and your relationship.

Trucks come and go; but hopefully, your wife stays for the long term. Keeping her happy will is the best overall path forward in life.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For my 2 cents worth, if your wife really does not like it, and is not comfortable driving it, sell it. From my own life experiences, I would say that her dislike of the truck won't get any less with time, and her ongoing unhappiness with the truck will create additional unhappiness in other areas for you and your relationship.

Trucks come and go; but hopefully, your wife stays for the long term. Keeping her happy will is the best overall path forward in life.

This is likely the best advice. You probably have an excellent trade in candidate or a good truck to flip for a down payment on something she likes better. IMHO the GMT900 drives worlds better than my previous GMT800.

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We are looking to upgrade to a bigger house so my idea was to buy an older Yukon or Suburban with no rust and fix what needs fixing. After we buy our home then I told her we could buy a newer 2016 plus.

Only thing I have left to check is the steering shaft and gear box because there is a little play in the steering wheel.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the XLs came with Premium Smooth Ride, but if it did and the rear shocks were changed but the softer springs were not, that could cause a squirrely attitude. Check your RPO codes for ZW7, then post up a picture of a rear shock.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the XLs came with Premium Smooth Ride, but if it did and the rear shocks were changed but the softer springs were not, that could cause a squirrely attitude. Check your RPO codes for ZW7, then post up a picture of a rear shock.
As far as I’m aware, GMT800 Denali optioned SUVs were never offered with the ZW7 suspension options. I’ve only ever seen Z55 auto ride as an option on the Denali package.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife thinks she is going to veer off the road at speeds over 60. She has PTSD from a bad rollover we had in 2019 with our 2010 Yukon Denali so driving it brought her to years because she said it felt like we were going off the road.

How's your hand Steven? I still vividly remember the photos you posted. I agree with Joe about selling it but I would first try to change her thinking (fat chance I know! hehehe) that that truck saved your lives. Despite flipping over and going off the road, you all lived and they have the highest safety ratings and survival rates on the NHTSA website. There's nothing safer out there right now except a newer one.

Fix it, then get the house and then a 2021+, they look very different and may help ease her mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts