Wierd engine sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukonxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is hard to decribe but it sounds as if the engine can't get enough air in or push enough air out. RPM's don't change, it does feel like I have lost some power. It does not do it all the time, outside temp makes no difference. It will do it on cold days or on hot (100+) days. Can't ID what is making the sound. They sound may also be described as the engine struggling to perform, it is quiet loud.

It has thrown no codes, I attached my scanner and all is clear. I do have 187k on it. It has orginal exhaust and I was wondering if it was the cat, maybe blocked or restricted. Then again it would be making that sound all the time.

I bought some aftermarket insursance via Prolong about 3 months ago. I had to drive 1k and wait 90 days for it to kick in. The 1k was done in less than a few weeks, I am coming upon the 90 day mark. So I will be getting it checked out pretty soon. Just wondering if anyone had an idea

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts