Wi-Fi or TV TUNER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Felixgun and Stompor I have T-moble (HTC 2 not jail broken) and it works great with my computers and TV's in the Yukon. If you have an Android phone you can download the Wi-Fi Router from the Marketplace on the phone. It will save you alot of money.

I have an Android, so how do I go about finding and installing a Wi-Fi Router?

Does that create a hotspot without having to pay ATT the extra money they want to do it through them?

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Android, so how do I go about finding and installing a Wi-Fi Router?

Does that create a hotspot without having to pay ATT the extra money they want to do it through them?

Vector it depends on your data plan with ATT. If you have unlimited data (internet) then it's free.

look below:

Create a Mobile Hotspot with an Android Phone

To set up a mobile hotspot with your phone, heed these steps:
Turn off the Wi-Fi radio.

There’s no point in creating a Wi-Fi hotspot when one is already available.

Plug the phone into a power source.

The mobile hotspot feature can draw a lot of power.

From the App menu, open the Mobile Hotspot app.

The app may have another name, such as 4G Hotspot or 3G Hotspot.

Upon opening the app, you may see text describing the process. If so, dismiss the text.

Touch the box to place a green check mark by the Mobile Hotspot item.

Touch the OK button to dismiss the warning.

If you’re prompted, accept the terms and conditions to subscribe to the service that gives your phone mobile hotspot abilities.

Name your mobile hotspot and change its password, if you so desire.

If you’ve not yet set up a mobile hotspot, you need to supply some information, such as the name of your hotspot and the password. You can change the name and password provided or keep them as is.

Make a note of the password. You need it to log in to the mobile hotspot.

Touch the OK button or the Save button to save your settings and start the hotspot.

You’re done.

When the mobile hotspot is active, you see the Hotspot Active notification icon appear. You can then access the hotspot by using any computer or mobile device that has Wi-Fi capabilities.

To turn off the mobile hotspot, open the Mobile Hotspot app and remove the green check mark.

The range for the mobile hotspot is about 30 feet. Items such as walls and tornados can interfere with the signal, rendering it much shorter.

Data usage fees apply when you use the mobile hotspot, and they’re on top of the fee your cellular provider may charge for the basic service. These fees can add up quickly.

Don’t forget to turn off the mobile hotspot when you’re done using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack