Wi-fi hotspot /OnStar /GPS Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alanw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had this happen on my 2022 Yukon SLT. It may be coincidence, but I think it happened to us shortly after a bad update. I parked it in the garage and let the update do it's thing. I intended on checking it's progress, but got side track and forgot about it until the morning. The battery was completely dead. I jumped it and everything has been fine... except now we're noticing the wifi is out and the onstar button doesn't work. (no green or red light.. nothing)

I have a case with onstar, but they told me to bring it into the dealer. The dealer told me a bit of a story, which honestly it's likely TMI for me, but it was also fairly vague. They said they've seen this before. The code they pulled references a small easy to replace part, but from their experience it's never a complete fix and the whole "telematic control module" needs to be replaced.

I have no idea what a telematic control module is, but it's apparently on back order and we have a 10 hr trip planned with small children. I'm hoping this is an actual fix, as we've heard some horror stories about our local dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645