Wi-fi hotspot /OnStar /GPS Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoHarmHere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Wi-Fi hotspot/GPS/or OnStar not working? Everything was fine until last week, then suddenly, I noticed the wi-fi hot spot stopped working. The GPS icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen had a red circle with a line slash through it and the OnStar button won't work. I tried calling OnStar for help and they couldn't be of any assistance. One OnStar rep told me an update was pushed last week and might be the culprit, another rep told me it seems to be hardware related. I was told to take it to the dealership. 2021 Tahoe. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

missile_pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It may be an OTA update hung in the background before completion. You could try soft reset of infotainment system (which is integrated with OnStar and most other modules onboard) or disconnect your battery for a bit.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Same thing here - 9 yr old very quickly apprised me of NO WiFi on a road trip.... While I looked into it I noticed no OnStar, No Compass Heading, No GPS, No "Hey Google" response... Have trip to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully either a S/W update (doubtful) or a simple bad module that is not to delayed.... Anyone know the availability of this part - days out, weeks, or months???

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Confirmed at dealer yesterday the On Star module is bad…. On order but constrained so could be few weeks or months. Anyone else experience this? Any guess on part timeline?

Holly M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Gang, same thing happened to me on my 2022 Z71 Tahoe with now 10,000 miles on it. Dealership confirmed new module needed last week and said they could get the part the next day. I'm returning on 03/16 for the changeout. Thoroughly disgusted that I have to have this kind of work on a brand new vehicle...

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I add this to my laundry list for my dealership appointment tomorrow. Went out to grab lunch, listing to Pandora via Android Auto. Got back in...Wifi hot spot disabled...call OnStar. Spoke with them for 20 minutes...because most people have "free" time for this BS...they create a OnStar support case with an ETA turn around of 3-5 business days.

joemtexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Wi-Fi hotspot/GPS/or OnStar not working? Everything was fine until last week, then suddenly, I noticed the wi-fi hot spot stopped working. The GPS icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen had a red circle with a line slash through it and the OnStar button won't work. I tried calling OnStar for help and they couldn't be of any assistance. One OnStar rep told me an update was pushed last week and might be the culprit, another rep told me it seems to be hardware related. I was told to take it to the dealership. 2021 Tahoe. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
My dealer ordered a new Onstar Module since my 2021 did the same thing.
The problem is the delay in getting the damn part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33

Latest posts