Why HIDS look yellow I thought didn’t have sticker on window say high intensity discharge light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change my fogs bulb to led fro lasfit and light up better than hids my hid light look yellow compared to my fogs. my factor sticker say high discharge light on window sticker on car I kept . But in traffic driving when driving I put on the fogs on everything looks bright white . Fogs off and low beam on everything looks yellow. Is the hid bulb a yellow light . I have not looked at it from standing in front with both on . Is there a Berger brighter whiter hid bulb fo replacing I don’t wanna go through hassle of low beam leds for front low beam.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comparing 5k or 6k LED to a factory HID, you’ll notice a difference

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9E4CC228-14D3-4AC3-904B-3D08B74CA375.jpeg 15 Yukon XL Denali. OEM stock HID on the right (passenger side) and OSRAM CBI D3S bulb on the left (drivers side).

The OSRAM CBI offers a cooler bulb temperature, I’d say around 5000K without decreasing lumens, in fact they offer more lumen output than stock bulbs.

OSRAM also offers the CBB which is supposed to be even cooler, maybe closer to 6000K and supposed to be brighter. Which contradicts all previous theory of higher kelvin equals less lumens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792