Who's got the Viper Smart Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way I've figured out to do that is to create a new playlist, then yeah, you can drag and drop it to iTunes. But, I miss being able to plug my phone into the computer, then using it as a mass storage device and just drag and dropping music straight to it.

Hopefully this screen shot of my desktop works, keep in mind I run dual monitors.
iTunes on left, Explorer on right.
If I take a song or folder from the right and drag it to iTunes, music moves to the iPod. Savvy?

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4

adzam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like what the iPhone can do. I don't like that I can't put my own apps on there if they are not in the store.

The FCC just passed a law making it legal to "jailbreak" the iphone (or any other phone for that matter). Jailbreaking your phone allows you to install any app whether it is approved by Apple or not. It also unlocks the phone allowing you to take it to any carrier that will support it.

I especially don't like how developers ignore the rest of the market now. There are 2x as many WinMo and BB phones out there, but iPhone apps come out faster than a (insert favorite euphemism here).

It is ridiculous that the Blackberry has been around for so much longer yet there are practically no apps compared to the iphone.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because the BB wasn't capable of running apps for most of that period.
They were barely capable of surfing the mobile internet.
They had virtually no onboard memory. and micro sd card were max 2 gb and used for storage, not virtual memory.

They are not app friendly becasue there are simply too many damn variants of the things.
3 years ago, there were 4 or 5 pearls...
4-5 curves
etc etc.
Each had its own software and hardware features. Some curves had gps, some had wifi for example. Some had a better camera, some didn't.

If they made ONE BB, take it or leave it, here it is... they could have a decent app store. If everyone bought one. Increasingly I think you will find that people will switch BB for something else, unless they really do travel on business globally.
My father prefers his, but he is NOT techie.
He likes it because it is a simple (read plain, boring, old looking) interface. Even he admits our iphones are way more useful as they are something more than just a portable rolodex, email device and phone.

BTW: The concept of buying and installing a new app on your phone was barely invented 2 years ago.
The app store was opened on July 10, 2008.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Came out for Droid today.

Good, now droid users can enjoy service outages and wonky problems also.

I'd never buy this damn thing, not after all the issues, requires cell service be available to work, outages for hours and even days... fuhgeddabowdit.

Last edited:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FCC just passed a law making it legal to "jailbreak" the iphone (or any other phone for that matter). Jailbreaking your phone allows you to install any app whether it is approved by Apple or not. It also unlocks the phone allowing you to take it to any carrier that will support it.

To be clear, jailbreaking and unlocking are two entirely different things. Jailbreaking will allow 3rd party apps, that's all. Unlocking is what would allow you to go to another carrier. The FCC Ruling was about jailbreaking specifically. It did not change the "legality" of unlocking a phone. (Re-read my very first post in this thread to see who I work for. :) )

adzam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear, jailbreaking and unlocking are two entirely different things. Jailbreaking will allow 3rd party apps, that's all. Unlocking is what would allow you to go to another carrier. The FCC Ruling was about jailbreaking specifically. It did not change the "legality" of unlocking a phone. (Re-read my very first post in this thread to see who I work for. :) )

You are right. Sorry for the incorrect information. I was just passing along information I read.

The original article I read on Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_wguy/20100726/tc_ytech_wguy/ytech_wguy_tc3236) stated the following:

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple"

Another article from the Associated Press (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100726/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_digital_copyright) does however state:

In addition to jailbreaking, other exemptions announced Monday would:

• allow owners of used cell phones to break access controls on their phones in order to switch wireless carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort