Who turns on both A/C front and rear when riding alone or two people what is correct way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is better for vehicle too use front or and rear a/c when riding alone or with two people , or can I just turn on front. Is there any harm done if only use front a/c when riding alone cause it works harder to cool who’ll vechile. I just find it fine front a/c when I’m cruising or I’m doing this wrong. Someone told me they use front and rear when driving alone to cool vehicle better. I never use rear a/c am I wrong maybe giving it use so it doesn’t break.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really comes down to your comfort and your passengers. The system front and rear both use the same compressor so your not really wearing anything out and its ok to use. I use both because it cools down faster. Now the Heat in Winter is different. I only use the front until the engine heats up a bit and then turn on the rear but I find the climate control on auto works the best.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Florida Jorge, run both systems. Set the temp to your liking and leave it. I set mine to 68 during the cooler months and 64-66 during the summer. My truck is black.

Running both keeps the systems working at a lower duty cycle, cools the cab off quicker and keeps it cooler as doors and windows are opened and closed.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Virginia it’s cooler so I usually just use the front. In winter or really hot days the remote start gets the car to temp before getting in it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turn off everything except a single vent in the back and keep the system on high.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Florida Jorge, run both systems. Set the temp to your liking and leave it. I set mine to 68 during the cooler months and 64-66 during the summer. My truck is black.

Running both keeps the systems working at a lower duty cycle, cools the cab off quicker and keeps it cooler as doors and windows are opened and closed.

I agree, and would add that most any system, this one included, should be run some, not left to deteriorate.

joe

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mechanically wise on the A/C pump it wont make a shred of difference since it runs the entire system if it is on. There is no valve or control to make the Freon not go to the rear, it makes a loop thru the entire system when it is on. all your doing at the hvac control is turning electric blower motors on or off and adjusting the temp via the actuator door angle. The A/C pump runs 100% no matter what you do at the hvac control. At best the auto climate control turns the A/C pump off when the commanded temp is reached and then turns it back on as needed to maintain the commanded temperature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts