Whinning noise Yukon 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TruckME

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounded like a pulley or tensioner to me. A vacuum leak it could also be and if really bad, would cause the engine to stall. Do you have a scan tool to view your Long Term Fuel Trims?
No I don't, and I am also convinced it is the pulley. Will take it one more time to the mechanic in a few days and send some updates
Thanks for the comments

OP
OP
T

TruckME

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to update you of what happened. I took the car to another mechanic and within 2 minutes he figured that the sound (the video in the original post) is coming from the steering pump. Now it's replaced and the sound is gone.
The reason why the engine stalled was related to the throttle body which he cleaned. No stalling so far but I noticed that the RPM needle jumps a bit up and down on low rpms. Does it mean I need to clean the throttle body better or do I need to replace it?

Also one note on the steering pump in case you want to change it yourself. It seems straight forward but apparently you need a special tool to remove the pulley from the old steering pump and put it on the new one. Just saying it here so you don't end up taking the old pump out and realizing that you cant actually remove the pulley from it.