Which Radar Detector do you use? What do like about it? What do you hate about it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mozess523

Mozess523

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it really worth the risk of life and limb to save 30 minutes on a 240 mile run?
True, I am thinking about the risk more and more. It is time to slow down keep the spirited driving for the track. In the end the risk far out weighs the reward in time saved.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really worth the risk of life and limb to save 30 minutes on a 240 mile run?
There is a time and place I just drive fast consistently with intermittent speeding, seems like there is a cluster of a-holes then a nice break then another cluster, from here to Redding there are long straightaways and from here to Bakersfield it's the same, easy to speed thru.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's kinda why the Suby is gone, temptation too great (and we got the bugs out of engine #3) time to sell. i'm getting to old to be breaking down. Now, in my Yukon, i'll focus on making the ride as nice as possible, and create my own "concert hall" on wheels fun times!

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to sell your V1? :angels2:

I have an es cort now, Iirc it's an older version of their 360.
Max maybe? :shrug:

I have always had cheap radar detectors in the past.
Mostly since the vette runs to p less in the summer, and I don't want to keep taking the radar detector off.
I turn off x band but usually keep K on and deal with the false alarms related to people's cruise control.

The es co rt is by far the best radar detector I have ever had.
I'll never cheap out again.

I have been wanting to go with a V1 to replace it.

OP
OP
Mozess523

Mozess523

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Want to sell your V1? :angels2:

I have an es cort now, Iirc it's an older version of their 360.
Max maybe? :shrug:

I have always had cheap radar detectors in the past.
Mostly since the vette runs to p less in the summer, and I don't want to keep taking the radar detector off.
I turn off x band but usually keep K on and deal with the false alarms related to people's cruise control.

The es co rt is by far the best radar detector I have ever had.
I'll never cheap out again.

I have been wanting to go with a V1 to replace it.
My V1 is a non Bluetooth and has an overwhelming amount of false K band alerts. I still have not bought a replacement. Happy to send it to you when I replace it which should be soon.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I have tried them all and my uniden is the best i have used.It has a simple power cord from the rear view mirror with pins that push in-no cords anywhere.Most of your on the road false alarms are from blind spot mirros on honda and acura vehicles and some others-its a know and annoying fact.You should have a mute button to tap if your next to one for a long time.Ka is the primary band they use here in illinois k is almost always just a false alarm.

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I’m about to pull the trigger on a radar detector, finally. I’m leaning toward the V1 Gen 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts