Which Power Steering Fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
I have PDF Field Service Manuals. But, for some reason, I can't find the section referenced as "Power Steering Pump Replacement".

In case it helps people with Hydroboost brakes... Similar instructions, but involves pumping the brake pedal at a certain part of the process.
Autozone has some additional notes for the Tahoe regarding systems Hydroboost brakes, which need to draw fluid from the power steering system. They have some notes about pumping brake pedal to bleed out the Hydroboost master cylinder.
Thank you again! The mechanic used Autozone brand power steering fluid. He said it's just as good as any other - like buying store brand vs name brand with both having the same ingredients....his words not mine, lol

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flushed with Lubegard a few times and then filled to the mark. It's expensive but maybe better than non-synthetic fluid. I figured it must be better because it is more expensive. I know that's not always a correct assumption. I guess we'll see, so far so good after about 5k miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh