Which Go Pro to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Seen many posts/threads about using a Go Pro to help diagnose problems. Since I do have an ongoing rear vibrations problem on my girl's 90 K2500, I am thinking more and more about getting a Go Pro. What is the recommended one to get, I see different options, and do I need the accessories kit and if no kit is needed, please tell me why. Thanks in advance.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a cheap GoPro knock-off every year for skiing, and it works fine for that purpose. A genuine GoPro is much better quality with better battery life, but with the kind of skiing I do, I lose one every couple of years when it gets knocked off my helmet and buried in deep powder. So I have a cheap Amazon special made by AKASO now that does the job just fine.

They sell cheap accessory kits that have a whole bunch of mounting gizmos so it's a matter of sifting through the kits on Amazon to find something that looks like you can ducts tape or strap it to whatever is close to what you want to monitor.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen many posts/threads about using a Go Pro to help diagnose problems. Since I do have an ongoing rear vibrations problem on my girl's 90 K2500, I am thinking more and more about getting a Go Pro. What is the recommended one to get, I see different options, and do I need the accessories kit and if no kit is needed, please tell me why. Thanks in advance.

I use a cheap GoPro knock-off every year for skiing, and it works fine for that purpose. A genuine GoPro is much better quality with better battery life, but with the kind of skiing I do, I lose one every couple of years when it gets knocked off my helmet and buried in deep powder. So I have a cheap Amazon special made by AKASO now that does the job just fine.

They sell cheap accessory kits that have a whole bunch of mounting gizmos so it's a matter of sifting through the kits on Amazon to find something that looks like you can ducts tape or strap it to whatever is close to what you want to monitor.

^^^This or, if you want the quality (image, sound and features), grab someone's older GoPro off CL or MP for cheap.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You forget, I am a thousandaire and want all the accessories that can be bought with it. The first thing I am going to do is use it to help find the seat of pants vibrations on the 1990 K2500 at 45 to 55 mph. It is kind of getting personal with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz