Where to buy motors for 00-02 GM gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speedo is jumpy so I figured the gauge motor is faulty. After searching for awhile and asking eBay sellers if they can get the part for me I came up empty handed. The 03-06 uses smaller white stepper motors but the 00-02 uses a lager motor that's not soldered into the PCB. Can anyone locate these parts? I'm going to pull my gauges this weekend and see if the motors are stamped so I can cross reference them.... hopefully.

jason78

Reaction score
Not sure where you are in NC but there is a guy that has been advertising on CL for quite some time that will replace all stepper motors and lights for $90. I don't have any information other than the link but it seems like a good deal if he can fix yours. If nothing else he may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/3610705916.html

OP
OP
M

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like every one else, he only does 03-06. I've found every part in the world for those but nothing for the 00-02. I took the steppers out of my gauges this weekend to look for a part number but no luck finding any replacements online.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare 00-02 cluster I can sell you for parts if you'd like. Or else I can just pull the motors for you. Let me know if you're interested.
Its actually a cluster that I tried to add a transmission temp gauge to, but I cannot get the trans temp gauge to work at all.

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scotty, i need some stepper motors. I have been told the black ones are no good? 2003 GMC Yukon

I now hear that the black motors are "not good" for the 03-06 clusters. But I have used them in a few clusters and had no problems so far. All I can think of is the life expectancy is not quite as long as other replacement stepper motors.
So its like comparing Auto zone parts to AC-Delco parts. Both will work just fine, but the Delco parts will have a longer lifespan in the long run.

DansOtter

Reaction score
Not sure where you are in NC but there is a guy that has been advertising on CL for quite some time that will replace all stepper motors and lights for $90. I don't have any information other than the link but it seems like a good deal if he can fix yours. If nothing else he may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/3610705916.html

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting that craigslist ad. I contacted the guy, and had the work done this past week. Everything is working great now... he replaced all the motors and bulbs in the guage cluster for $90. Couldn't be happier.

:party36:

OP
OP
M

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 03+ clusters are eeaassyyy to repair. The stepper motors can be purchased on ebay for cheap. 25 dollars and you can do this yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts