How-to: Change the color of your 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Thanks man. I am gonna maybe order bulbs or check if somewhere like RadioShack or Frys would have just simple LEDs and the stuff needed for this. The suburban is in WA and I am on TDY in Virginia now, had to drive the GFs G37 out here.

Shane93nc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Leave it to the new guy to dig up an old thread! This mod looks good and seems easy enough. Is the cluster easy to remove? And also would I be able to change the check engine light bulb by removing the gauge cluster? My bulb for for my CEL seems to be out so I may as well do this mod if I gotta taker the cluster out. By the way I have a 2000 Tahoe.

jake720

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what was the solution to the bases not powering I'd you twist them in all the way? I'm having that issue now.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was the solution to the bases not powering I'd you twist them in all the way? I'm having that issue now.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I turned mine back a little bit. So they are not fully locked. Mine have worked fine like that for the past 3 years.

Barman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really sad at how the red looks through the gauges. I could barely read the numbers at night pitch black and with the switch all the way up the gear selector is so bright it makes it horrible on the eyes to contrast. Anyone know how to change the bulbs out in the gear selector?

Roysen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the color on gear selector and odometer? That green light do not look nice when the rest is blue.