Where is this power steering leak on my 97 Tahoe 5.7L coming from? (Video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997TahoeFix

Reaction score
I have a very aggressive and sudden power steering leak. I filled it back up and power steering was restored! I drove down the street and back (<5 min) and it all leaked out again. No power steering again. I can see where it's dripping down but it's difficult to see where it's emanating from. Check the video and tell me what you think:

Any thoughts? I sure hope it's just one of these hoses leaking and not something more substantial. Thanks guys.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Two things, either have someone turn the wheel left and right and look for where the fluid pushes out at or degrease the whole area and dry and then look for the fresh fluid moisture after a drive. Pretty easy, really.

OP
OP
1997TahoeFix

1997TahoeFix

Reaction score
PXL_20210812_230446756.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new!
No surprise, it was the high pressure hose. It was tricky getting that crazy-shaped hose connected on both ends. Nobody online can tell if they use 5/8th or 16mm. I just used an adjustable crescent wrench and crammed my long arms up in there from beneath the car.

No more leaks and I can steer again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727