where does this belong? (random 3 wires under steering wheel)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found these wires coming from a bunch of wires under my dash. any clue where it is suppose to connect to or even what they are for? they are gray. orange with black stripe, and light blue
051701_174700.jpg
051701_174800.jpg
051701_174701.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
No mention of an orange/ black wire in fact there was only one circuit that had a striped orange wire for the whole vehicle I think. The other two were used either in the turn hazard/stop switch or cruise control. Do both of those operate properly. Use the oictures I posted to see if you can locate the cavity they use in the connector using wires along side them to very the proper orientation of the wire listings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ERIC95TAHOE

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything works properly. hazards are kinda werid, have to it the button kind of hard to get them to pop up and work. only thing that doesnt right is when i take my key out of the ignition the warning stays buzzing

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I saw a exploded view of the steering column with a connector branching off toward the ignition switch but did not mention it because the color coding was off. Can you match the wires with the cavity number?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Perhaps there is a typo in the diagrams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo