Where can I find these lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they run red bulbs in them they aren't all that bad, most of the ****** ricer boys around here put those in and put in normal bulbs ... make me want to rear end them lil *******.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont see why they are illegal.. lots of cars today ahev clear tail lights with leds in em, they have reflectors in the bumpers. if you had said tails and some reflective tape on the back i dont see the legality problem. id run em on mine if i could find some

OP
OP
V

val620

Reaction score
I just hate that every time I look at my Hoe's ass those dam red tail lights stick out like sore thumb. My Hoe is white and these lights are the only ones that I like and that would blend in with the body and paint. I wouldn't be caught dead with those cheap chrome or black EBAY lights. No offense to any one but I just think they a joke

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
correct about the red redflector. I haven't seen lights like them in 10 or more years. but I agree, on the right ride they look good. at least run colored bulbs...

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some vehicles come factory with all clear tails like this lexus. Those laws are some ******** laws. Like HIDs are illegal unless they came factory. WTF?

ok, let me correct myself. The rear of the vehicle has to have red reflectors on it. Those lights are illegal 'as is'. Notice the lexus does have reflectors on the bumper. At least this is the way I understand it. Either way, you have to have some kind of 'sore thumb' on the rear of your truck.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I saw a new eclipse this morning noticed its tail lights were like the lexus RX's completely clear. The bulbs flashed red though when he cut me off...

nickl011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
APC did end up recalling these aftermarket tails and putting a big red reflector in them that took up have the lens. HID's are illegal in vehicles that didnt come with them because it is a safety issue to traffic. All cars that are equipped with HID's from the factory are also equipped with projectors to focus the high light output and use a cut off shield. Your stock housings with HIDs in them lack the ability to focus the light, so it scatters, blinding oncoming traffic. Same goes for that cheap china ****** projector headlights.

Personally, I'm a firm believer in the idea that tail lights should be red, and nothing else.

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture.jpg

mine are big nono's pulled over 2 days ago for tinted tails and a smoked liscense plate cover. told me the tails have to be visible from 50 feet and have some sort of red reflection when light shined onto them and headlights have to be visible ( prior owner tinted them all) I did however wrap the bowtie in 3m dinoc carbon fiber vinyl. so paint stripper took care of the tails and I had already ordered amazon light smoked clear headlights. oh well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts