Where’d you buy your Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corvettelarry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi guys, I have been primarily looking at govdeals.com for a police unit since I bought a crown Vic there a few years back.

Since I’m all new to this, where have people bought there unit, any sites or dealers I should examine closer, and any places I should avoid?

JCope79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got mine from Ebay but it was a local Police/Municipal dept vehicle

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in KY and found the color and options I was looking for online for a good price at Chriswell Chevy in Gaithersburg MD. I called and negotiated a deal over the phone, caught a flight the next day, dealer picked me up at the airport, did a test drive, wrote a check and drove it 7 hrs. home. Saved a bundle over local dealers...

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Got mine at a Ford Dealer in Blacksburg VA, about 3 hours from the house. Saw it on auto trader and it was listed as a police Tahoe. Price was about 8 k less than a civilian Tahoe. Drove up there and traded in my Impala. The hoe had been a fire dept vehicle, if you get it in the right light you can see where the decals were. Overall I have no regrets after two years of owning it.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from TNT Auto actions. Once a year in certain major cities they sell the PVE Tahoes and more. Best of all, in most cases, no sales tax as the titles are being signed over from the county, city, or state agencies... As long as you reg in the State where the agency is selling.

Buying from an auction is a little insane.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asia motors. Saw about 4 of em I liked, flew up there. Narrowed it down to 1. Found a local mechanic who checked everything out. Test drove it, fell in love with it. They shipped it out to me within a week.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cop Cars Online. In fact, we've purchased our '10 Tahoe, and our '12 Caprice 9C1 from them, Great to deal with, and they seem to be pretty up front on condition. They even handle the shipping from the Tampa area to our house for both vehicles.

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don Hatton Chevrolet in Wichita Kansas. Had it shipped to me. Never looked back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz