Wheel Spacers on stock setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genesis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 99 Tahoe, Old Body Style, and am looking at putting some 1" spacers all the way around. I want the extra width on to artifically lower the center of gravity, but I dont have the money to replace rims and tires. Just wondering if anyone has run into issues with spacers on the front tires. I do have 4x4, dont necessarily think this will be a problem, my big concern is suspension bottoming out and the tire f*@king up the fender. anyone know if the suspension can compress this much?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not have any problems running spacers all the way around. I highly doubt that you would have to worry about messing up your fenders to much unless you are jumping it and if you are doing that you are going to have more problems than messing up your fenders.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do about wheel stud length? Space out the wheels that much, you're not going to be able to get the lug nuts on for full thread engagement, maybe not at all.

OP
OP
G

genesis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A guy on ebay has the spacer. search lie 2000 tahoe wheel spacers and it will come up. looks to me like he has lathed out enough room for lugs to fit in the spacer. It may not be a tru spacer so to say as a wheel adapter with the same bolt pattern. lie I said look on ebay, they guy has a bunch, hubcentric, billet aluminum. They look like they are well done.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy on ebay has the spacer. search lie 2000 tahoe wheel spacers and it will come up. looks to me like he has lathed out enough room for lugs to fit in the spacer. It may not be a tru spacer so to say as a wheel adapter with the same bolt pattern. lie I said look on ebay, they guy has a bunch, hubcentric, billet aluminum. They look like they are well done.

Ok, I see them....I was thinking true spacers, like you might see at Autozone where it's a glorified washer plate.

OP
OP
G

genesis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A trophy truck would be sweet, but this truck is being built as more utilitarian. No, I hate the autozone style spacers as i feel they are just unsafe.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I have a set of rims with a ridiculous offset, which do the same thing, if you'd like to do it right. They are currently sitting in the living room, pissing my wife off. Make an offer? I'll hook you up.... PM me, and I'll get you the details. I don't even remember what diameter they are. They came off my hoe though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076