Wheel Spacer ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for 1" wheel spacers. They have to be 1" not 1.5". I know that I will have to trim the wheel studs for these to work which is not an issue. I'm just looking for a good, quality spacer that won't break. I am not going to be cheap about these. Any help would be great, thanks!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm looking for 1" wheel spacers. They have to be 1" not 1.5". I know that I will have to trim the wheel studs for these to work which is not an issue. I'm just looking for a good, quality spacer that won't break. I am not going to be cheap about these. Any help would be great, thanks!

Look at BORA. Make sure whatever you get is hubcenteric.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on hubcentric. I've been running THESE for a few months now with no issues at all. A few months of my driving is equal to a few years of "normal" driving. My only regret is that I didn't get 2" ones on the back to match the track width of the front.

OP
OP
K

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am familiar with Hubcentric and that was apart of the plan. I want to try to keep this truck as smooth as possible as it will be taken on a lot of road trips (fishing, camping) and prefer not to shake the family to death in the truck. Thanks guys!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am familiar with Hubcentric and that was apart of the plan. I want to try to keep this truck as smooth as possible as it will be taken on a lot of road trips (fishing, camping) and prefer not to shake the family to death in the truck. Thanks guys!

I'm particular about having a smooth ride. Mine had slight vibes at higher speeds, but they were completely tolerable since it's just a weekend ride. The vibes were much worse (shaking steering wheel and felt in the seat) after the spacers and I blamed them at first. But after getting new tires, it's smooth as glass north of 110MPH. The spacers didn't induce any vibes, but they amplified the minor preexisting imbalances, which makes sense. So keep that in mind.

OP
OP
K

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a Wheel/Tire shop in Central Illinois. We have a road force balancer that I will be using to help get all balance issues taken care of. I'm hoping to get my wheels/tires and spacers before summer is over. I'll keep everyone updated when I get them. Thanks again!

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run non hub centric wheel spacerson my turck and so do many others. As long as its a quality spacers you won't have an issue. Also if you're running an aftermarket wheel more than likely the hub bore is larger than oem. I run Shifted Industries spacers.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a Wheel/Tire shop in Central Illinois. We have a road force balancer that I will be using to help get all balance issues taken care of.

6d2cc4b04f3723f2ee89038d000939a5.jpg

In a distant past life, I was a "tire and lube tech" (read: Certified Grease Monkey) at a tire/mechanic shop. I STILL try to get tire shops to let me mount, balance or repair my own tires on their equipment!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run non hub centric wheel spacerson my turck and so do many others. As long as its a quality spacers you won't have an issue. Also if you're running an aftermarket wheel more than likely the hub bore is larger than oem. I run Shifted Industries spacers.

Valid point, and I have ran non-hubcentric ones myself. Non-hubcentrics aren't the devil and are okay as long as the installer exercises proper torquing procedures. But the extra support of a hubcentric spacer, even if it's just the spacer on the hub half, is still better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14