Wheel question for 09 Tahoe Z71 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cressman90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for a wheel that will push the wheels and tires out about 1"-1.5". I have looked through the first 6 pages trying to find any info on similar questions. I did see a post where a guy used -12mm offset rims and I looked really good to me. If anyone can help I will appreciate any help that is given

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a wheel that will push the wheels and tires out about 1"-1.5". I have looked through the first 6 pages trying to find any info on similar questions. I did see a post where a guy used -12mm offset rims and I looked really good to me. If anyone can help I will appreciate any help that is given

I believe your stock offset is 31. So you should be looking for somthing from about +5 to -8 give or take, to get that 1"-1.5" that you want. As a Z owner, I'd love to see pics when you're done! I'm wanting to push mine out about .5" when I get wheels...

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Check these out:

http://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-sidewinder.php

Hands down this is what I'd get if they offered a +18, but they dont :(

OP
OP
C

Cressman90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm probably going to go with an -12mm offset wheel.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Snacky I have the same rims that are on the Tahoe in you signature.

gibbygsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember Z71 has less wheel clearance than non Z71. I put stock 20's on mine and they rub the mud flaps while turning...

OP
OP
C

Cressman90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also how does the Z71 have less clearance than standard hoes? I'm planning to stick with 18x9 rims. Just not quiet sure what offset and back spacing to use. As of right now I'm running 285/65R18 nitto terra grapplers with very minor rubbing. I'm planning to go with 305/60R18 Baja atz p3 tires. Also in the near future I will be getting a fabtech 4" lift for my Z71.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh