Wheel Opinions Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon XL Denali is in order. It's black on black with the Q7M wheels. I am not much of a fan of chrome so I will likely black out the grill and chrome side accents at least. I was going to get aftermarket wheels but think it might be better to paint the stock wheels while blacking out the grill. I don't want too much black so I wanted some opinions on what to do.

Should I black out just the inserts? Paint the wheels a dark gray, etc? Let's here what you all think. I would like a more custom look.

Here is a pic of the wheels on a Yukon for reference.
2f4a2da98d8964b491c8183eb891ed07.jpg

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely needs an aftermarket wheel... what's more, the 22's are too small for these massive trucks imo--changing the wheels is the easiest and most noticeable way to get a custom look. A 24" wheel w/ 295/40R24s looks at home on these mammoths! Or you can lift it 1.5R/2.5F and go with a 325/45/24. That would be slick too!

OP
OP
imnohero

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rush, thanks for the response. Please forgive my ignorance but what's the benefit of going with a 325/45/24 as opposed to a 295/45/24? Is it to fill up more of the wheel well? I was thinking of leveling the truck by bringing the back end down some, not the other way around.

I did order an XL so it's even bigger than the one pictured above.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of leveling the truck by bringing the back end down

In that case a 295/40R24 is the way to go--almost a full inch bigger than a 305/35, which gives you more sidewall, a softer ride and yes, they fill more wheel well.

JackTrills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the idea of 26in. Rims but unsure of the best Tire size. What would be the max specs for 26in rim to fill as much wheel well.

I want to avoid lowering it by filling in the wheel well

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think those wheels would look good even if you're set on blacking out the chrome.

OP
OP
imnohero

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say the biggest I would possible go would be 24" wheels. I am just debating whether it's worth it or to just stick with the stock 22's. I will at least paint the interests if I keep the 22's.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of 26in. Rims but unsure of the best Tire size. What would be the max specs for 26in rim to fill as much wheel well.

I want to avoid lowering it by filling in the wheel well

The "best" option for a 26" tire at standard ride height is a 305/30R26 (33.2" circumference)... The 295/40R24 is 33.4, which is why I opted for 24s vs. 26s. You're not going fill well--you need to delete it! i.e Lower it. Or get some 30s lol