Wheel Help for 295's with a CCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameronda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already posted this in the GD section but, I have just recently purchased a CCM Level Kit for my '08 LTZ. I've decided to get some 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Now I just need to decide on a rim size. I want to go with the rim that requires the least amount of trimming. I'd rather trim plastic over metal. My options are a 20x8.5 with a +10 OS, a 20x8.5 with a +35 OS, or a 20x10 with a -24 OS. Any suggestions on what would make this job the easiest? Thanks.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about rims and spacing but if your that worried about trimming, just go with a different size tire. I have 305/55/20 on stock LTZ rims and I haven't trimmed anything yet and i drive it everyday with no problem. I do have some rubbing but only at almost full lock and its not hurting anything by rubbing accept scratching the plastic fender lining. I do cringe when it rubs but I have been too busy to trim it. Its not like on truck where the tire rubs on the medal bumpers or body and messes up the tire. IMO you will not regret going big but you will regret it if you get something too small. So, Go big and never look back!!

I know you are new here but there is no need for the same thread in 2 sections.

OP
OP
C

cameronda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know much about rims and spacing but if your that worried about trimming, just go with a different size tire. I have 305/55/20 on stock LTZ rims and I haven't trimmed anything yet and i drive it everyday with no problem. I do have some rubbing but only at almost full lock and its not hurting anything by rubbing accept scratching the plastic fender lining. I do cringe when it rubs but I have been too busy to trim it. Its not like on truck where the tire rubs on the medal bumpers or body and messes up the tire. IMO you will not regret going big but you will regret it if you get something too small. So, Go big and never look back!!

I know you are new here but there is no need for the same thread in 2 sections.

Sorry about posting twice. I'm ordering the tires today so I wanted the quickest response. I'm going to go with the 305's and get an aftermarket wheel as close to my stock LTZ rims. Thanks a lot for the help. :Handshake:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the 305/55's on my tahoe with 2.5" CCM and run aftermarket wheels with a OS +18 and a BS 4.5" I did have to trim some metal and plastic "behind" the wheelwell liner...I did not cut the liner at all...just made room to pull it back out of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA