Wheel bearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have replaced my bearings more than I should be.
What bearings are you using?
Who makes the best bearings for a 2wd Tahoe?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i replace mine alot too although ours are different being 2wd and 4wd i think thats the worst part of these trucks IMO

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moog/tiken makes the best. and mine are oem at 244k miles.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said, hah.

sorry the second name was supposed to say Timken. And why do you guys have to keep changing your hubs all the time?

Not sure why. I only change bearings though, not hubs.
The only thing I can think of is because of my drop. Could it be possible that the alignments bolts have something to do with it? They have not been knocked out even after my drop.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Well a bad wheel alignment could cuould cause some extra stress for a bearing set on 2wd. Do you get them serviced regularly, spindle surface clean and no damage, good grease and nuts not over torqued?

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read about people knocking out the alignment bolts for new ones when you do a drop.
I'm curious to know how low you need to go to swap alignment bolts. Anyone?
Serviced regularly? I do most if not all the work on my Hoe.
The spindle surface is clean an undamaged. Quality syn grease and tightened then backed off, like specified.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you punch for the camber/caster alignment bolts when your vehicle over time can no longer meet the camber/caster specs required in the specs. if you can just adjust toe and others are good just leave them. and it is not bolts you punch but those round discs they go thru because the are tacked to the frame mounts.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well as for mine i used to wheel it all the time and i know to expect broken parts but ive never had a set last longer than 18 k after my oem blew at 100k but even still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42

Latest posts